Some of you may recall the Cinco de Mayo Initiative, my response to a question submitted through the blog by Roses and Thorns.
Yesterday I received a second message from R&T, which went like this:
Dearest Ms. DoH,
Thank you for prompt and acerbic response.
Rhetorically, you inquired whether we had ever had the pleasure of intersecting. I have no rejoinder save for: do you despise rhetorical questions as much as i do?
I’d wager no.
For the fact remains, had we had the pleasure of spending an evening together you certainly would have linked to my wiki “how to” page by now:
But that’s nothing more than the menu before the meal, which probably doesn’t surprise you given my pre-meal tactics that you so roundly dismissed. I actually encourage people in general to make out more. Imagine if making out replaced the greeting of the handshake or if first dates started with a kiss? Organizations like feedthedate.org and the snack fund initiative would cease to exist and I bet you tequila and Corona sales would go down as people become more confident and satisfied in their intimate relationships.
My results oriented approach seems to have touched a nerve, and not in the way I generally like to touch. You got me thinking about my carbon footprint. I know I can’t change the past but I am environmentally conscious and I want to have a positive impact on the future.
Which is why I wanted to ask you to dinner. I happen to know of a culinarily exquisite establishment not far from my home in Brooklyn that I’m certain would FEMA your heels issues (yes I just used FEMA as a verb) as well as highlight a much longed for trip to the east coast.
I’ve penciled you in for May 28th.
Looking forward to meeting you
Roses and Thorns
To which I reply:
Dear Roses and Thorns,
You had me at “dinner.” May 28th it is. I shall meet you at the aforementioned exquisite establishment. I’ll be the hot one with the rape whistle.
I look forward to making out with you.
PS I don’t have an email for you, as your submission is anonymous through Tumblr. You can email me at email@example.com to get this convo going…
- No Related Disasters...yet
Subscribe Via Email
Become A Fan
- I Heart You Rachel Dratch, From Your BFF, Disaster
- The Genius
- This Is The Pits
- The Write-Off
- A Return to Roots
- One Glove, One Heart
- I’m a Fraunt!
- Sugar Coated
- How to Shake a Stage Five Drunk
- A Disaster’s Guide to Fixin’ Shit
- Sea Biscuits
- Guess Who’s Not Coming to Dinner?
- Finally, A Fairytale I can Believe In
- High San Francisco!
- Scent of A Woman
- RT @jgolden3: Sometimes I love the people I work with... other times I hate them. Now is the latter... http://t.co/gxf60mC7 #, 2012/05/03
- The daily verbatim: "Im just looking for a understanding women. I work with Computers. Im stable and well Ground.... http://t.co/q1IWE00l #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner Absolutely! Do not take this lightly. It's the role of a lifetime. #Disasterella #, 2012/05/03
- @gloss48 so good talking to you yesterday. I can't wait to get glamorous. #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner yes! You can be my Disaster Fairy Godmother. It will be easy. I already have the shoes! #, 2012/05/03