There are men in my life who swoop in with predictable irregularity. Usually these are ex-boyfriends. It doesn’t matter if I broke up with him, or he broke up with me. After 2-3 months of silence I start gearing up, knowing I’ll hear from them in an email or text. And if I respond to his question, or engage back, it’s almost certain it will be another 2-3 months before I get a reply.
It happened again last week. The cyber ego boost. A virtual flex. A check-in to make sure he still counts. And it’s annoying as hell.
This Memorial Day I’d like to recognize these fallen egos. Moment of silence please.
- No Related Disasters...yet
Subscribe Via Email
Become A Fan
- I Heart You Rachel Dratch, From Your BFF, Disaster
- The Genius
- This Is The Pits
- The Write-Off
- A Return to Roots
- One Glove, One Heart
- I’m a Fraunt!
- Sugar Coated
- How to Shake a Stage Five Drunk
- A Disaster’s Guide to Fixin’ Shit
- Sea Biscuits
- Guess Who’s Not Coming to Dinner?
- Finally, A Fairytale I can Believe In
- High San Francisco!
- Scent of A Woman
- RT @jgolden3: Sometimes I love the people I work with... other times I hate them. Now is the latter... http://t.co/gxf60mC7 #, 2012/05/03
- The daily verbatim: "Im just looking for a understanding women. I work with Computers. Im stable and well Ground.... http://t.co/q1IWE00l #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner Absolutely! Do not take this lightly. It's the role of a lifetime. #Disasterella #, 2012/05/03
- @gloss48 so good talking to you yesterday. I can't wait to get glamorous. #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner yes! You can be my Disaster Fairy Godmother. It will be easy. I already have the shoes! #, 2012/05/03