I’ve been pretty quiet these days. I’ve been side-lined lately due to a sudden onset of Disasteritis. Turns out my diet (in particular my rejection of leafy greens) has caused me to become severely fatigued.
When my doctor called to tell me that my iron levels were a good 55 points below normal, I was shocked. “But that’s impossible!” I gasped, “I have at least 4 blue cheese-stuffed olives a week!”
Apparently that’s not enough. Which reluctantly has gotten me back in the kitchen. So, my dear Disasters, today I am bringing you yet another helpful recipe, that is quick, easy and chock-full of nutrients:
Lean Cuisine with Energy Boosts
Step 1 Purchase ingredients from local Walgreens:
You know your cuisine is lean, but is it packed with nutrients? Not yet!
Gingerly add Vitamin C, Iron, Fish Oil and a tablet that says “Hair, Skin, Nails” (this is the holy trinity: if you have to skimp, do not skimp here).
Step 3 Cook on high heat for approximately 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Careful, it’s hot!
Step 4 Voila! You’re done. Let cool, turn on Jersey Shore, and serve with a martini.
Note: When I feel as though I’m steps away from scurvy, sometimes I add a secret ingredient–the extra 1-2 punch my body needs:
Drink for two, prenatal vitamins for one, that’s what I always say!
Subscribe Via Email
Become A Fan
- I Heart You Rachel Dratch, From Your BFF, Disaster
- The Genius
- This Is The Pits
- The Write-Off
- A Return to Roots
- One Glove, One Heart
- I’m a Fraunt!
- Sugar Coated
- How to Shake a Stage Five Drunk
- A Disaster’s Guide to Fixin’ Shit
- Sea Biscuits
- Guess Who’s Not Coming to Dinner?
- Finally, A Fairytale I can Believe In
- High San Francisco!
- Scent of A Woman
- RT @jgolden3: Sometimes I love the people I work with... other times I hate them. Now is the latter... http://t.co/gxf60mC7 #, 2012/05/03
- The daily verbatim: "Im just looking for a understanding women. I work with Computers. Im stable and well Ground.... http://t.co/q1IWE00l #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner Absolutely! Do not take this lightly. It's the role of a lifetime. #Disasterella #, 2012/05/03
- @gloss48 so good talking to you yesterday. I can't wait to get glamorous. #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner yes! You can be my Disaster Fairy Godmother. It will be easy. I already have the shoes! #, 2012/05/03