When I heard that Svedka vodka is hosting a campaign for the Walk of Shame, I felt compelled to participate. It just so happens I have something to say on this subject. In fact, I may go as far as to say that the walk of shame is one of my core strengths. (Not because I’m easy, but because I just happen to be very good at getting drunk in strange places and forgetting to do things, like go home.) Plus, if being a Disaster is all about embracing life’s awkward moments and laughing at them, then I waive my Walk of Shame flag high.
I mean, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about. These stories are as old as time. Even Sleeping Beauty is just the story of one long walk of shame (that girl was black-out-city!) and we all know Cinderella stumbled home from the ball with only one shoe. Shit happens.
I should know. I have a lot of stories about this, and I’ll share my favorite one with you next Wednesday — but only if I hear from you, first. You can email me at disasteronheels @ gmail, leave your story in a comment below, or just add it directly to the Svedka Facebook page (just be sure to let me know you did). Don’t worry, I’ll keep your submissions anonymous if you tell me to.
Oh, and don’t forget to send me your shoe size. As part of my ongoing search for Disasterella, I am going to give out a pair of these Walk of Shame Shoes to my favorite story. Because let’s face it – you’ve earned them, princess:
Only deal is you’ll need to wear them out and tell me about your night. (You will definitely need a Walk of Shame Kit if you leave the house in these beauties, so I will send you one of those, too.)
So I guess, in a way this makes me your Disaster Fairy Godmother (which is just like a regular Fairy Godmother, only slightly more drunk).
Ready? Let’s turn this story around. It’s not a walk of “shame” until you decide it is. Send me your tales, and let the magic begin.
Subscribe Via Email
Become A Fan
- I Heart You Rachel Dratch, From Your BFF, Disaster
- The Genius
- This Is The Pits
- The Write-Off
- A Return to Roots
- One Glove, One Heart
- I’m a Fraunt!
- Sugar Coated
- How to Shake a Stage Five Drunk
- A Disaster’s Guide to Fixin’ Shit
- Sea Biscuits
- Guess Who’s Not Coming to Dinner?
- Finally, A Fairytale I can Believe In
- High San Francisco!
- Scent of A Woman
- RT @jgolden3: Sometimes I love the people I work with... other times I hate them. Now is the latter... http://t.co/gxf60mC7 #, 2012/05/03
- The daily verbatim: "Im just looking for a understanding women. I work with Computers. Im stable and well Ground.... http://t.co/q1IWE00l #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner Absolutely! Do not take this lightly. It's the role of a lifetime. #Disasterella #, 2012/05/03
- @gloss48 so good talking to you yesterday. I can't wait to get glamorous. #, 2012/05/03
- @heidiskinner yes! You can be my Disaster Fairy Godmother. It will be easy. I already have the shoes! #, 2012/05/03